Monday, January 7, 2013

W is for...


Let's be honest, one of the ALL-TIME favorites of TG has to be weddings regardless of the transformation method.  Why?  It's a perfect excuse to squeeze someone into an insane pre-planned day where they more than likely have to wear a dress, heels, and professional make-up regardless of being the bride, maid of honor, or really just any girl at a wedding.

Wedding-themed captions have a special place for me, because, well, it was a wedding caption that got me started.  A contest on the Haven back in 2009 (Yes, that was 4 years ago) involving a wedding-themed caption and the SRU Reversal Rings, which you can see here:


So, even though this post is for the W of TG ABCs, I wanted to pose a question to all my viewers: How do my current captions compare to the ones I've created in the past?  Obviously the photo editing has improved; I'm more-so asking about the story-telling itself and the way the image works to assist in telling it.  Leave your comment below!

5 comments:

  1. Well Kaity, I'm a new fan, and have been loving your A, B, C's series. But the earlier wedding cap may be the better story, although the one for W works great with the photo in line with Great Shift theme

    Kisses,

    Leeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think overall you're capping has improved over time Kaitlyn. Especially your story telling. I'm not saying that you were ever 'bad' at this, but the stories are in general tighter and tell 'more' while using 'less' words. For example, your older wedding cap here is fine. I'd call it good, if I didn't know you could do better now a days. The photo selection is nice, but it doesn't fit the story any better or worse than a handful of other images could.

    That's one thing that you've really improved upon... making the image an integral part of the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Caitlyn! Especially on the story-telling. For years I've always thought it was the details, but I've discovered good story-telling doesn't depend on overuse of details.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Caitlyn, that they've gotten tighter overall, where you've boiled down the gist of a story to its overall essence, and the presentation has improved threefold.

    I also agree that I am not sure that the "W" could've been anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee! A caption should tell exactly what a photo does: one moment in time. But probably not be 1,000 words...

      Delete