Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Change in Feelings


So with this one I wanted to attack a different sort of question--we see plenty of captions where a man and wife have to deal with trying to keep their relationship together after they both become the same gender. So, I thought: what about a gay couple where one became a woman and they had to deal with essentially the same problem.  I was a bit hesitant to post this one, but I am one who likes to put realism into my work, and liked this alternate approach.

4 comments:

  1. Kaity, that's a very VERY powerful caption. A lot of our caps are about splitting people apart and putting them back together in different situations but I don't think it's ever crossed my mind as to how a swap like this would effect a gay couple. Dee says she's always a fan of caps that tell deeper stories and go beyond the standard "OH NOES I'M A GIRL!" tropes... well this one has to be at the top of her list! I know it's at the top of mine!

    This is going to keep me wondering how it turns out long after I leave your blog and look at some others. Bravo! Brava! Bravi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this story and situation. Seems so real.
    As Cailyn said very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Wow Wow, so glad to see such positive feedback for this. Such great encouragement to try more like this and explore more of the realism. Everyone who knows me for captions knows I have a humorous side, and that I can be artistic, but I felt this took things a step further. So thank you!

    ReplyDelete